Tuesday 12 December 2017

Thing 3: Image Banks

Thing 3: Image Banks

 

Thing 3 – Image Banks

Wow! Learned a lot from thing 3. I occasionally use background images to create library posts but to sidestep the minefield of copyright I have limited myself to the use of one poster promotional website. I was aware of the image site Flickr and had a passing acquaintance with the term ‘creative commons’ but it has been great to discover new image bank options and to learn of the varieties of licence type.
 
I played around with all three sites but after creating a Flickr account, I searched for my two favourite things, ‘libraries’ and ‘dogs’ and came across an image from the Pioneer Library System gallery of a therapy dog who listens to children reading in a library. I uploaded it to the blog et voilà!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment